Jan 28, 2018

WHAT IS YOUR WARM UP ROUTINE?

Sometimes you can instantly make it on the first try, sometimes not, sometimes you will fail and if you have a weak heart then probably you will never try again. Your warm up routine will give you a little bit of confidence to keep going. Whether it's about socializing, competing or doing a simple task... your warm up routine will make your motor running and perform at the highest level. Some people needs it some people don't. But if you're this kind of person who needs rituals before you perform at your best... then you should have a bold warm up routine that will make you pumped up. Do something before you start something, it's either you make a sign of cross, bend your knees or say something stupid. It's all about psyching yourself up to perform at the highest level. It's summoning your peak stage and giving you the fire to do it and never stop until you finish it. When ever I am playing basketball, my warm up routine is I go hard to the basket and I don't care if I will get blocked or not, all I want it so go hard as much as I can and set my self free, whenever I do that... I feel good and confident, I begin to show my skills and use all what I know about basketball. If I get blocked so be it, if I get humiliated and embarrassed.... so be it, for as long as I try... my confidence is starting to take over.

That's what I do in life, every time I am afraid to do something... I just do it regardless of what might happen. I count my first try as a warm up, i don't care about how ugly it gets, for as long as I started it... I know that my next try will be alright. And it does, my momentum starts to get nicer, I was able to found my rhythm and everything runs smoothly.

What is your warm up routine? if you're a slow starter like me then you need to have it. Always remember that once you've done it... start the real task right away. If you need to talk to your crush and you're scared like a wounded pig... just pray secretly, after doing it... go and talk to her, once you finished praying you need to immediately talk to her, even if she's doing something or she's busy... talk to her or else your mantra will lose its effectiveness. Talk to her like a hungry dog looking for a bone, talk to her even if you're scared and you're almost pissing your pants. Always remember that there will never be a perfect timing.

Every time you feel lazy about doing something, set up a warm up routine. For example, if you're so lazy reviewing your lessons... start with a warm up routine, ready a few lines first in your lesson and then never stop. Read a few lines slowly, think about it and then never stop, never stop until you're done. It's all about opening your book and notebook and sticking with the review session until you fell asleep... that's how simple it is, you really need to enjoy boredom if you want to become successful, enjoy the process to get things done.

Actually, you really don't need a warm up if you want to start something. If you have the will to win or finish then you don't need it but what if you don't have the motivation? you need to have mantras or rituals so you can do it. Choose your own rituals, choose what is the best for you and will make you do it. It doesn't need to be a perfect ritual, whatever works is right.

No comments:

Post a Comment